Online Focus Groups
Online focus groups are an exciting, cutting-edge research methodology that offer our clients the value and deep insight of focus groups, but with the great convenience of online research.
For online focus groups, participants are recruited through traditional means and panels. The groups are held on a private online site with a familiar, social media-style interface. Participants commit to participating for at least 30 minutes a day over the course of three days. New questions are live on the site each day, and participants are able to respond at their own convenience, whenever their schedule allows, from early in the morning to late at night.
As with traditional focus groups, we screen all participants to ensure we have the right people in the group who will provide our clients with the insights they need. Our moderators actively monitor the discussion, probing whenever more detail or clarity is needed, and following up on unexpected findings. Our clients can observe the group easily by logging onto the site at any time, day or night, and can privately message moderators to request probes or clarification from individuals or the group.
Online focus groups are a particularly good choice for the following research circumstances:
- When the target population is geographically diverse. Online focus groups allow you to hear from constituencies across the nation or around the globe. Respondents can meet virtually in one place and participate whenever it’s convenient for them, no matter what time zone they’re in.
- When the target population has demanding or difficult schedules that make a traditional in-person focus group recruitment challenging. We frequently conduct research with physicians, CEOs, and other busy professionals whose schedules can be difficult to coordinate for an in-person group. Because of their greater convenience and ease, these high-level respondents find it much easier to commit to and participate in online focus groups.
- Testing marketing concepts. Online focus groups are an ideal method for testing marketing concepts. We can show respondents a variety of branding materials onscreen, and participants can tell us detailed stories about their reactions to each item they view. Participants can view and respond to brand statements, key messages, and images individually. They can select favorite elements, suggest rephrasings—even upload images that best represent their emotional responses to campaign concepts.
Online focus groups have numerous benefits and useful features. Participants can have anonymity within the group, through avatars and screen names. Transcripts are available immediately after the group, speeding up timelines for getting results to you. We can design guides that include quantitative dimensions, such as asking questions on a scale or having respondents select from a list, in addition to the deeper, qualitative insights respondents offer in their own words.Contact us to find out more about online focus groups and the ways they can help you meet your research goals.
Market Street Research has considerable experience and expertise in conducting online focus groups for clients in many industries, including for organizations in the healthcare field. Conducting healthcare marketing research in a range of methodologies is one of Market Street Research’s greatest strengths. Since 1978, Market Street has designed and conducted many hundreds of healthcare marketing research studies for healthcare providers ranging from internationally respected academic medical centers such as Massachusetts General Hospital, Cleveland Clinic and Johns Hopkins, health systems such as Partners Healthcare and Memorial Hermann, as well as for many regional and community-based hospitals, specialized clinics, and physicians’ practices serving urban, suburban and rural markets across the United States. Learn more about our expertise in the field of healthcare marketing research.
Please contact us to discuss how Market Street Research can help you achieve your goals.
Learn more about:
- Market Street’s Research Solutions
- Market Street’s Methodologies
- Markets We Serve
- Market Research Results from Market Street
- The Signpost, Market Street’s Blog
Learn more about why you should use Market Street Research.